PLP's Detuning Pendulum is designed to minimize the amplitude of vertical conductor motion during a galloping event.
- Designed specifically for configuration needed (design and analysis).
- Can be configured for single, twin, tri, quad and hex bundle configuration.
- Armor rods are applied before Detuning Pendulum application in order to protect the outer aluminum strands from damage at the attachment location.
- Rubber sleeve provides an added layer of protection to the armor rods where the Detuning Pendulum is placed.
- Helical rods are used to attach the Detuning Pendulum to the conductor and help reduce the level of strain on the underlying armor rods.
- Designed to match the conductor spacing and conductor diameter for proper fit.
- 250°C Thermal Rating (Continuous)
- Weight varies between 25 lbs and 75 lbs depending on configuration.
- Can be applied to a de-energized or live line
- Helicopter or bucket installation
Conductor Galloping Basics Report
Guide Book for Damaged or Worn Conductors
Detuning Pendulum design and placement is project specific and requires analysis by Preformed Line Products.