Double Support Tie
The Double Support Tie is intended for use on aluminum based conductors with diameters from .245" to 1.240". Each Double Support Tie covers a range of conductor diameters.
- One design has been engineered to accommodate "C" and "F" insulators while another will accommodate J-neck insulators
- A separate design is required for “J” neck insulators.
- Each Double Support Tie is supplied with elastomeric tie tubes designed to minimize abrasion to bare conductor and insulators.
For use on: ACSR, Compacted ACSR, Aluminum Alloy, All-Aluminum, AWAC® Compacted All-Aluminum, C-Neck & F-Neck Interchangable Headstyle Insulators
(ANSI 55-2 Pin, ANSI 55-3 Pin, ANSI 55-4 Pin, ANSI 55-5 Pin, ANSI 57-1 Post, ANSI 57-2 Post, ANSI 57-3 Post, 2-1/4" & 2-7/8" Neck Diameter)
For use on: ACSR, Compacted ACSR, Aluminum Alloy, All-Aluminum, AWAC® Compacted All-Aluminum, J-Neck Interchangable Headstyle Insulators
(ANSI 55-6 Single Skirt Pin, ANSI 55-7 Single Skirt Pin, ANSI 56-1 Double Skirt Pin, 3-1/2" Neck Diameter)
(1) Diameter Range indicates the size of conductors that utilize the same tie.
(2) "Nominal Conductor Size" indicates one of the various conductors within each range.
(3) For the succeding ranges, the insulator's top groove radius should be at least as large as shown above.
(4) AWAC is a registered trademark o fthe Copperweld Co.