The VARI-GRIP Dead-End features a unique housing, wedge, and rod assembly is designed to provide a holding strength of 100% of the strand's rated breaking load. The high-strength U-Bolt allows for adjusting the guy strand tension without the need for a turnbuckle.
The VARI-GRIP Gen2 Dead-End (available for select applications) allows for proper U-bolt support without the need for conformal castings. The new Gen2 design is also lighter while still maintaining the same holding strength features as the standard design.
VARI-GRIP Link Plates are available as an easy-to-install anchoring accessory for VARI-GRIP Dead-Ends as an alternative to anchor shackles. The assemblies use a bolt, nut, and cotter pin setup, offering security of anchor shackles. VARI-GRIP Link Plates can be used in new construction and retrofit applications.
- Retaining rods are made from a material that is compatible with the guy strand material
(e.g., aluminum-clad steel rods for aluminum-clad steel guy strand)
- Available for strand sizes of 7/16" to 1.78" (20,800 - 295,500 lbs)
- Take-up U-Bolts in sizes 0" and 18" are available for most strand sizes
VARI-GRIP Gen2 Dead-End
- Allows for proper U-bolt support without the need for conformal castings
- Lighter design while still maintaining the same holding strength features as the standard design
VARI-GRIP Dead-End Link Plates
- Made of hot-dipped galvanized steel
- Bolt, nut, and cotter pin for durability and security
- Rated for 100% of the RBS of the strand installed
- Works with dual or single anchor plates
- Comes pre-assembled for ease of installation
- Can be used with galvanized steel EHS strand and Bridge strand
|VARI-GRIP Link Plates|
|Catalog Number||Max Strength Rating
|Strand Size||Conformal Casting||U-bolt Size
|Thru hole Diameter
|Structural Bolt Diameter