The Splice Shunt is designed to restore up to 100% electrical conductivity and a portion of the mechanical strength to the compression splices that are found to be excessively hot or failing during thermal line inspections.
- Rods are sub-setted into groups for ease of application
- Rods are made of high strength, high conductivity, aluminum alloy
- Center section is “cabled” tightly to pass over a splice or around a dead-end/terminal assembly
- Conductive grit on inner surface of rods assure electrical contact with cleaned conductor surface.
- Thermal Rating (Continuous) - 125°C ACSR, AAC, AAAC and 250°C ACSS, ACCR
- Installs by hand or with hot sticks
- Installs directly over compression splices or compression dead-ends
- Restores conductivity to all-aluminum, aluminum alloy and ACSR conductors
SP-2734 (Splice/Dead-End Shunt)
SP-3185-1 Dead-End Shunt with Dead-End (Single Configuration)
Splice/Dead-End Shunt - Catalog
Splice/Dead-End Shunt - Sell Sheet
Reports & Manuals