PLP's Detuning Pendulum is designed to minimize the amplitude of vertical conductor motion during a galloping event.
- Designed specifically for configuration needed (design and analysis).
- Can be configured for single, twin, tri, quad and hex bundle configuration.
- Armor rods are applied before Detuning Pendulum application in order to protect the outer aluminum strands from damage at the attachment location.
- Rubber sleeve provides an added layer of protection to the armor rods where the Detuning Pendulum is placed.
- Helical rods are used to attach the Detuning Pendulum to the conductor and help reduce the level of strain on the underlying armor rods.
- Designed to match the conductor spacing and conductor diameter for proper fit.
- 250°C Thermal Rating (Continuous)
- Weight varies between 25 lbs and 75 lbs depending on configuration.
- Can be applied to a de-energized or live line
- Helicopter or bucket installation
Conductor Galloping Basics Report
Guide Book for Damaged or Worn Conductors
Overhead Distribution Line Repair Manual
Detuning Pendulum design and placement is project specific and requires analysis by Preformed Line Products.