FIBERLIGN® Cushion Clamp
The FIBERLIGN Cushion Clamp provides excellent protection to OPGW at support points. The combination of the Structural Reinforcing Rods and the elastomer inserts at the ends of the clamp body halves reduces bending stresses on the OPGW during aeolian vibration or galloping activity.
- Captured U-bolts for fast, easy-to-handle four nut installation
- Structural Reinforcing Rods protect cable from excessive bending stress and compressive forces
- Elastomer cushions for reduction of stresses
- Minimizes clamping stress - superior to bolted clamp with armor rods
- Exceptional Vertical Load Strength (20,000 lbs single unit)
- Gently protects against abrasions and wear
- Maximum line angles up to 30 degrees for single unit, 60 degrees for double clamp
- Thoroughly tested for vibration and static mechanical loading in accordance with IEEE Standard 1138
- Slip load approximately 10-20% of OPGW rated strength
- Can accommodate either left-hadn lay or right-hand lay OPGW
- Fittings and grounding accessories available and can be included in the same container with the suspension.
Ground wire assemblies and fittings may be ordered with the Cushion Clamp by adding the appropriate SUFFIX CODE from the below table.
Note: the suffix sequence is ground wire first and fittings second.
Ex. 4700100GYC includes a 4700100 Single Cushion Clamp with copper ground wire assembly (G) and Y-Clevis (YC).