FIBERLIGN® ADSS Midspan Drop
FIBERLIGN® ADSS Midspan Drop (FAMD) provides an attachment location for FTTH drop cables between utility poles anywhere along the span of an ADSS distribution feeder cable. In cases when local codes or obstructions prevent aerial connection directly from the utility pole to the home, the FMD is a convenient, economical solution that can avoid the cost of adding an intermediate pole or structure.
- Attach to Backbone ADSS up to 1.007” (25.58 mm) diameter
- Perpendicular load up to 500 lbs (226.8 kg)
- Connect up to two Cable Drops
- Supports FIBERLIGN® Drop Cable Dead-ends
- Maximum Perpendicular Load 500#
- Easy installation - No Tools Required
- Compact size - Easy to Handle
- Includes three components: Structural Reinforcing rods (SRR), Midspan Connector, and PVC Round thimble.
- SRR’s limit bending and protect the cable from extreme side loads.
- Midspan Connector provides a loop interface after applied to the SRR.
- The PVC thimble fits in the loop of the Midspan Connector and provides a curved surface to properly support interconnecting drop cable dead-end loops.