FIBERLIGN® Dielectric Support for ADSS
The FIBERLIGN Dielectric Support (FDS) system is designed to gently, but firmly, support All-Dielectric Self-Supporting (ADSS) cable. It is intended for tangent support installations on lines that feature relatively low voltages, short spans and modest mechanical loads.
- The approximate recommended maximum span lengths for the FDS are:
- 600' for < 1.00" OD cable (NESC – heavy)
- 300' for ≥ 1.00" OD cable (NESC – heavy)
- Body and top are made from a high-strength, engineered dielectric material. Zine plated bolts with washers secutre the top to the body.
- Inserts are made from a soft, pliable dielectric material that gently grips the ADSS cable.
- Threads onto standard 5/8" 11-UNC hot dipped galvanized thru-bolt
- May be mounted horizontally or vertically
- May be used as a stringing traveler at the structure on up to 10° line angles (20° in certain cases).
- All components may be reused as desired if in good condition.
For concentric ADSS cable, refer to the catalog table and select the proper FDS for the cable's outside diameter. For non-concentric profiles, such as Figure 8 or other cable sizes and profiles, consult with PLP for custom designs. To include accessories with the FIBERLIGN Dielectric Support, add code number to catalog number (example: 44002144B1)