UAV-Installed Bird Diverters
PLP provides safe and efficient services for installing RAPTOR CLAMP™ Diverters to transmission overhead shield wires and distribution conductors using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Our experienced crews operate unique, purpose-built UAVs equipped with added sensors and guides to securely attach bird diverters to low-voltage lines. UAV installations greatly reduce time and cost when compared to bucket truck or helicopter installations and are less disruptive to homeowners and traffic.
RAPTOR CLAMP Diverters are designed to increase the visibility of overhead power lines for birds, providing an economical means of reducing risk to both utility power lines and wildlife. The state-of-the-art RAPTOR CLAMP technology ensures the diverters remain in the applied position even under extreme aeolian vibration and other motion.
• Safe and efficient UAV operations
• Certified UAV pilots with experience operating around energized power lines
• Purpose-built UAV equipment for the application of diverters
• Operational procedures and safety checklists
• Warranty and installation included
• More economical than bucket truck installations
• Safer and less disruptive to land owners than helicopter installations