The Compression Dead-ends are specially designed for applications on ACSR conductor only. Designs utilize a dual compression product requiring compression of a steel component around the steel core and an aluminum component around the aluminum wire OD. Compression of products can be completed with industry standard presses and dies.
- Dead End Body: Aluminum component of dead end assembly that is compressed around the OD of the conductor.
- Steel Dead End Eye: Steel component of the dead end assembly that is compressed around the OD of the steel core.
- Holding Strength: 95% or more of the conductor rated breaking strength (RBS) in accordance with ANSI C119.4 requirements for tensile strength.
- Design allows for continuous conductor operating temperatures up to 125°C (150°C two hour emergency).
- Dead End pad is constructed with a 15° angle which allows for the terminal connection of jumper and dead end to be bolted together in a 0° or 30° configuration.
- Includes: Aluminum dead end body, steel dead end eye, felt washer, and filler plug.