ARMOR-GRIP Suspension is designed to reduce the static and dynamic stresses at the support point, so that the conductor or strand is protected against the effects of oscillations. It also protects the conductor in the support against impulse and power flash-over. The ARMOR-GRIP Suspension is recommended as being superior to armor – clamp combinations, for protecting conductors from bending stress, compression stress and abrasion.
- AGS housing: Galvanized Steel Stamp for cable diameter range .272"-.500" or High-Strength Aluminum Alloy Casting for conductor diameter range .482"-2.233".
- An elastomer insert is specifically formulated for resistance to ozone attack, weather, extreme high and low temperature variations, and compression set.
- Rod has a Ball End for non-EHV applications.
- Available PARROT-BILL rod ends for Extra High Voltage (EHV), 345 KV and above
- Standard version is designed for up to 200°C continuous temperature.
- High temperature version (HT) can withstand a continuous conductor temperature of 250°C.
- For repair of fatigue-damaged conductors, a specially designed ARMOR-GRIP Suspension can be applied over PREFORMED Armor Rods to extend the life of the conductor.
Extra High Voltage (EHV) version - 345KV and above
For use on: Galvanized Steel Strand
For use on: Aluminum Clad Steel