Compression Splice Assembly
Compression Splice Assemblies are specially designed for applications on ACSR and ACSS conductors. Designs utilize a dual compression product requiring compression of a steel component around the steel core and an aluminum component around the aluminum wire OD.
- Compression of products can be completed with industry standard presses and dies.
- Aluminum Splice Body: Aluminum component of splice assembly that is compressed around the OD of the conductor.
- Steel Splice Body: Steel component of the splice assembly that is compressed around the OD of the steel core.
- Holding Strength: 95% or more of the conductor rated breaking strength (RBS) in accordance with ANSI C119.4 requirements for tensile strength.
- Designs allows for continuous conductor operating temperatures up to 125°C (150°C two hour emergency).
- Includes: Aluminum splice body, steel splice body, and filler plug.